Monday, October 17, 2011

Mini Letters

Dear Cyri, thanks for writing little mini letters that I love so very much. You inspire me to show my gratitude for everything, and be happy every day, even if it's a crappy one.

Dear Natalie, Thanks for the phone call today; I have missed you!!! It was so fun to reminisce and catch up, even though it made me feel all natsukashii. I'm sorry I was such a brat in the MTC - I knew your heart was hurt, but I never realized just how badly. I should have taken my focus off myself and put it on you, like you did so many times for me when I struggled. I'm sorry I wasn't a better friend... but I'm here for you now. Anytime!

Dear Ken, thanks for still calling me even though you are planning a wedding that takes place in only 12 days. Those few minutes a few times a week brighten my day SO much! I miss walking to each others' apartments at 3:00 in the morning and talking for hours about absolutely anything and everything. I miss having you around, and driving in your Durango jamming to your music. Also, I am SO glad nothing is awkward with you. You'll always be a good chunk of what I term "the perfect guy".

Papa Richard, I miss your hugs that fix everything. You are seriously the Best Boss Ever!!!!!!! I am so glad you and your little family came to dinner with us when I was in Utah. It's nice that we're all friends instead of just co-workers.

Dear Starr, thanks for your compliments and bubbling personality. I've seriously missed having you around... and no, not just for how fabulous you make me sound. You brighten every situation.

Dear Steve, thanks for the late-night talks. I feel so privileged that you trust me enough to completely bare your soul... and thanks for listening to me whine in return. I REALLY miss having you close by. I wish we'd had more time in Utah to actually talk... and go to Betos. I miss our Betos nights. I miss you.

Dear Alisha, I am SO glad you are my sister!!!! I don't know what I'd do if you didn't live "just down the street" and come on adventures with me. You keep me sane.

Dear Cal, thanks for how much you care. During my trip to Utah, only 5 days after I was scheduled to get married, you were the only one who asked me how I am holding up. I truly appreciate how unafraid, outgoing, and caring you are. I miss our Rockband/Sushi parties and just general hang out times. You opened my eyes to a whole new world that I sincerely appreciate and adore.

Dear Dr. Cooper-Rompato, thank you for inspiring me to further my education. Not only are you a genius, but you actually adore what you do, which made me love it even more. I thoroughly enjoyed all your classes, even Shakespeare, and appreciated the time you chatted with me about my future while you were having ice cream with your daughter at Aggie Ice Cream. Also, thanks for all your guidance about Grad School.... I'm following it slowly.

Dear Andrew, thanks for being my best friend!!!! I didn't expect us to become friends so quickly, or count on each other so deeply, and sometimes it sucks that I feel like I count on you and our friendship much more than you do, but still... it works. I'm so glad that things have never been awkward with us, and that you aren't judgmental. You'll always be the other half of the "perfect guy" equation. Also, I love your family. I hope our friendship keeps going from our current 3 years clear past 50... I count on you a lot, so thanks for always listening and taking care of me... I'm sure it's not easy. Keep up the good work.

Oh! and Dear Brittan, thanks for making me learn the hard way that I really don't want a guy who constantly chases after me. A couple calls a day is ok, but I get extremely turned off after the 5th call. I didn't know that before, so it's better that it came from you than a guy I'm actually interested in or I'm pretty sure that relationship would end in less than a week... it's a good thing we've already been friends for 7 years.

And finally, to my dear Family: thanks for being mine :) I love you all!!!!! And thanks for making beautiful babies for me to hold. Never ceases to make me happy!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear "America", I loved our chat, and I love you and always will--and that's all that really matters. Love, "Carolina"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the letters! I do mine every friday on my blog-- of course I was inspired from todaysletters.com!

    cute blog!

    xo,
    ashley
    adventures of newlyweds

    ReplyDelete