Monday, November 11, 2013

28 days and counting!


35 weeks... can you believe it!?!?!?  I sure can't.  As you can see, my belly is growing, growing, and growing some more!  I don't know how much more it can stretch out!  At about 31 weeks I finally bought a pair of maternity jeans, a few tops and some *clears throat and whispers* maternity bras.  Guys, I went from a B to a D.  Never in my life did I think that would happen!!!

This week will be my last week working, which I'm looking forward to in a physical capacity because it's getting so much harder to move around, and I'm getting slower at everything I do.  On the flip side though, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself sitting at home all day.  Yes, I have boatloads of projects that need to get done, but I am an award-winning procrastinator, AND I have a tendency to have a fit of anxiety and worry and just never start anything.  We'll see how it goes.

And as far as eating is concerned, I Just Can't Stop!!!  I feel like I want to be cramming food into my mouth from the time I open my eyes til I get in bed at night.  And even then, I wake up hungry in the middle of the night!   Ooooh and the night... people warned me about sleepless nights, but this is misery I never could have imagined.  Pure misery, I tell you!  My hips hurt, my pelvis hurts, my back hurts, my legs hurt... and I have a husband who snores like a friggin' freight train, so any and all sleep comes as a treasure these days!!!


(See, I told you.  Miserable)

Our date for the induction is tentatively scheduled for the 9th of December, but the doctors have all REFUSED to set an official date and time until my appointment on this upcoming Wednesday.  I think it's a bit of a joke really.  Benjamin has a final on the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th, and only one of his professors will let him have some leniency on the date he takes the exam; the others are set in stone that he has to take it at the scheduled time or fail the exam.  Well, he discovered the Title 9 office which has some Rights for Expectant Fathers, so if we take in the appointment card of when the induction will be then hopefully his professors will be forced to let him take the exams early...except I can't get the doctor to schedule it.  I think the most frustrating (ok, maybe it's just hurtful) thing about it is that the doctor wouldn't even talk to me about it.  She stood outside my exam room door while the ultrasound tech went in and out 3 times as a go-between to try to get things figured out for me.  Seriously Doctor, you can't walk an extra 3 feet and talk to me face to face?  I love that we're getting the best possible care, but I HATE the lack of a good bedside manner and just plain old kindness at our hospital.  Hopefully our appointment on Wednesday goes better.  Even if I do have to get the Group B strep exam done, I'll feel better knowing exactly when we'll head to the hospital.  Gotta look for the silver lining in all things, right?  Right.

On the up side, I have an incredibly supportive (most days) husband who, I think, is more excited than I am some days.  See, he's even practicing his swaddling techniques.  It's a good thing Theodore adores him so much or my poor blanket may have been destroyed!

And, to leave you on a happy note, our 3 fur babies.  You know you think they're adorable!







No comments:

Post a Comment