Friday, October 4, 2013

Growing, growing, growing at 30 weeks

Yep, that's exactly what is happening: my belly is growing, and so is our little baby!  He's up to 3 lbs now and measures about 15 inches long and his heart beat is nice and steady at 150 beats per minute.  He's getting stronger and stronger every day and hates to be squished.  For example, if my pants dig into my belly, or I try to sleep on my side, or a cat lays on my belly, Ivan will just kick and kick and kick until I move!  He's already a stubborn little tease and will immediately stop kicking if Benjamin puts his hand on my belly.  On the plus side though, he loves to be read to!  His favorites are the nightly readings of the Book of Mormon, and the new book we just got "Oh, Baby the Places You'll Go!",  a Dr. Seuss book; he kicks and squirms and jumps around almost the whole time we read!

As for me,  I'm starting to feel fat.  In a good way, I guess... as good as any girl who has always been weight-conscious can feel about the whole thing.  I'm still in my regular jeans, but I can't imagine that lasting for too much longer as my belly has really started to pop out these last few weeks.  My back always hurts, I can't find a comfortable position to sleep, and my innards feel like they are being crammed up into my rib cage.  I've also got morning sickness/nausea with a vengeance again, I visit the Ladies Room so frequently that I've contemplated just taking a pillow and blanket with me and just moving in, and my belly itches like crazy (but thankfully I only have 3 stretch marks so far, and a lifetime supply of Tummy Butter!)


 And, for the BEST PART of this entire post, I give to you the most adorable little matchy-matchers in the whole wide world!!!!!
That's Alisha (I know, you thought it was me, but it's not.  Fooled ya!!!  Oh, the perks of being a twin!) in the pajamas that she found out in Maryland, AND a matching little 0-3 month baby pair that I found in a Thrift shop just down the street from our apartment!!!!  Alisha said they're sending me a pair just like hers, so little Ivan and I will match, just like he and Alisha will match, and like Alisha and I will match!!!!  Yes.. I'm excited.  Very, very excited!

1 comment: