Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blah

Yeah, that's how life's been recently, just.... blah.  Something about the hot weather, spring cleaning the house (yes, I know it's summer already) and forcing your husband to help when all he wants to do is call a friend or take a nap, having the air conditioner in the car break and spend $70 to fix it, only to have it broken again the next day, and then being out the $70 you really should have saved for rent... yeah, it all just leads to a lot of fighting.  That's what our house has been full of recently: quiet arguments, and brooding in separate rooms for the remainder of the day, then backs turned to each other at night.  I'm sure you're all nodding knowingly; these things happen to all of us, and I'm assured that it gets better, so no worries.

On another note, I'm 16 weeks along now, and it still doesn't feel real.  I've lost 12 pounds and haven't felt any kind of movement yet... so it's just 16 weeks of being sick.  People assure me that once I feel the baby move it'll become real, but for now... for now it's just mood swings that add to the already prevalent arguments.  *sigh*

Also, can I just complain for a little moment how everything is so completely boring without money?  Yes, yes, I'm grateful for a roof over my head, the internet, a phone, electricity, water, etc... but I miss date nights, dinners out, movies at the theater, gas in the car to drive to some new and exciting destination... yes, it sucks.  Plain and simple, suck, sucky, sukiest thing.

Aaaannnnddddd venting over.

1 comment:

  1. Erica,
    It sounds like you and your husband are in a transition period trying to get ready for the arrival of your new "adorable" little one. Amanda and I also had to make adjustments in our lives before our children came. It is hard to give up the fun things that require money. However, you really have everything you need already to be happy. Talk to your husband.

    ReplyDelete